I came home the other day to flowers "just because". Those are the best kind of flowers. Thank you beezy.
It rained my entire three days off work but I was completely OK with that. I spent the time cleaning, getting the house in order and working on one of my 30 Before 30 projects. I also started watching a new show for me... Game of Thrones.
Naturally, I started with season 1. I'm three episodes in and so far my opinion could go either way. It's interesting but I find some parts just so odd. I guess I'll have to keep watching and see what happens. Seasons 1-3 are sitting in my house so I'll have to keep on watching to make my final judgment.
Remember the vintage inspired hat that I ordered for my trip? Well it was backordered and it hasn't shown up. Since it probably won't come in time for my vacation to Puerto Rico, I did the next best thing. I went and got myself another hat. This one is two tone. It's pink and natural tan. Plus it was only 10.00 dollars. Can't beat that! It'll do for this vacation.
Every Saturday, I'm
going to try and post five things that made me smile during the week. Often I
find myself getting caught up in the small stuff but this year I'm making an
effort to be conscious of it. This year is about being happy and finding
happiness even in the small things! Want to join me? Go ahead and post your
1. The countdown to vacation is in single digits.
2. Rain. California needs it hardcore and we've been getting it this week!
3. Completing 30 Before 30 tasks.
4. Acidophilus. Totally saves my stomach when it's feeling upset.
1. Is anyone else excited about the Oscars on Sunday? I love watching the award shows. You never know what's going to happen! The red carpet is also a focal point. I'm totally rooting for Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Lawrence.
I think Matthew will win for Dallas Buyers Club but I don't know if Jennifer Lawrence can pull off two wins in a row. I hope she can though! I always love her.
2. I've got my Puerto Rico trip coming up but I've also got Hawaii in July and now Vegas in September. I'm hoping to work in a trip to Eagle Lake, California. It's a real place that was featured in a 1970's movie I love called, Winter Kill.
It's only about a four hour drive from Sacramento and I think it would be really cool to travel there for the day one day in the summer. Anyone ever been there? I'm also toying with the idea of going to Seattle. We shall see.
3. Does anyone else besides me ever notice how a large chunk of days off work are spent on chores? Ugh. Laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping... the lists never ends. I need to win the lottery so I can get a maid to do things like that for me. HA.
4. Speaking of work. I did two interviews for jobs that I would like to do. The job I would love to have out of those two was frozen. Major let down. The other one... I received the famous, "thanks for taking the time to interview but you didn't get the job" call. I mean really, what's it take to finally get promoted? Or better yet, where is my dream job?
5. Two weeks ago I went to Home Depot (becauseremember I'mboycottingLowes) and bought a bathroom cabinet. Finally after procrastinating long enough and enough begging for Beezy to do it for me, it's on the wall! Should I mention that it took five hours to get that thing on the wall? Yep.
1. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. On Friday, February 21st I headed over to San Fransisco, home of the Golden Gate Bridge. I've been there numerous times and crossed it by car but I had never walked it. I had always wanted to but each time I had been there I never had enough time. This time I made a special trip just to walk the bridge. Here's some photos from the day and a beautiful one it was.
A view from the bridge!
Love the color of the bridge and it was such a clear day. No fog! I loved it!
So there you have it! I crossed another thing off my list and had a great time doing it!