I have very sensitive skin because of that I read skin care and makeup labels thoroughly. The mask was labeled for, "All skin types" and said that you could wear it 5-10 minutes. I cleaned my face, waited a few minutes for it to try and then applied my paper mask. I went and laid down on our couch while Beezy watched some television and told him to let me know when 10 minutes passed. Eight minutes later, I sat up and had to take the mask off. I thought I started to feel some tingling and maybe a little bit of heat. I knew it was labeled as an "energizing" so maybe that's why it was tingling?
When I got into the bathroom, I took the mask off and cue the freak out! The heat that I felt, it was completely burning my face. My face was red. It looked like I had laid outside all day long in the blazing sun with no sunscreen. Thank goodness, I didn't leave it on for the last two minutes. My face was burning, red and HOT to the touch. I had to immediately wash my face with cold water and continue to do so for 5 minutes before I felt like I wasn't on fire. The redness wasn't going away. It lasted so long that I went to bed and just prayed that it went away.
I know what you're thinking, It couldn't have been that bad. Oh really... well let me prove you wrong.
I will never use Freeman Beauty products again. I was completely freaked out. There wasn't a phone number on the package to call for an emergency. The package was also clearly labeled the wrong way because this mask was NOT for sensitive skin. Beezy was so shocked he said I looked like a real life rocket raccoon. I was so worried it had burned my skin so bad that it was going to peel the next morning. It felt like what I would image a chemical peel to feel like. BOO! So when I e-mailed Freeman Beauty to let them know they might want to put a warning on the packaging, I got a lame standard response. They need to take a lesson in customer service.
Has anyone else had a horrible reaction to a beauty product?