Friday, February 28, 2014
Five On Friday
1. Is anyone else excited about the Oscars on Sunday? I love watching the award shows. You never know what's going to happen! The red carpet is also a focal point. I'm totally rooting for Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Lawrence.
I think Matthew will win for Dallas Buyers Club but I don't know if Jennifer Lawrence can pull off two wins in a row. I hope she can though! I always love her.
2. I've got my Puerto Rico trip coming up but I've also got Hawaii in July and now Vegas in September. I'm hoping to work in a trip to Eagle Lake, California. It's a real place that was featured in a 1970's movie I love called, Winter Kill.
It's only about a four hour drive from Sacramento and I think it would be really cool to travel there for the day one day in the summer. Anyone ever been there? I'm also toying with the idea of going to Seattle. We shall see.
3. Does anyone else besides me ever notice how a large chunk of days off work are spent on chores? Ugh. Laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping... the lists never ends. I need to win the lottery so I can get a maid to do things like that for me. HA.
4. Speaking of work. I did two interviews for jobs that I would like to do. The job I would love to have out of those two was frozen. Major let down. The other one... I received the famous, "thanks for taking the time to interview but you didn't get the job" call. I mean really, what's it take to finally get promoted? Or better yet, where is my dream job?
5. Two weeks ago I went to Home Depot (because remember I'm boycotting Lowes) and bought a bathroom cabinet. Finally after procrastinating long enough and enough begging for Beezy to do it for me, it's on the wall! Should I mention that it took five hours to get that thing on the wall? Yep.